Spinach is a green, leafy vegetable which contains a high nutritional value. It is a great source of minerals, vitamins, pigments, and phytonutrients. Spinach can be eaten raw as a part of salads and also can be cooked. We also can mix it with soups, stews, casseroles and other things as an ingredient with other vegetables.
Various kinds of nutritional components are available in this veg. Minerals, vitamins, pigments, phytonutrients including potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron, and calcium etc. are enriched abundantly in spinach. All of these components are necessary for our health.
A nutrition profile of spinach
Spinach is very nutritious food. We can get various kinds of nutrition at the same time in one thing for our body. A nutrition profile of 1 cup cooked spinach that we get from it is given below:
|Vitamin K :||987%|
5 Health Benefits of Spinach
Spinach has a good health benefit. It is quietly beneficial to our health. Its different ingredients help us to build our body. It makes us strong, fit and free from disease. Spinach provides us with huge water in our body after taking it. Skin care, eyesight improvement, regulated blood circulation, stronger muscles, age-related macular degeneration etc. are nursed by spinach. Among them some of the benefits are given below:
- Neurological Benefits: Spinach contains a lot of antioxidants. We can be unfit because of the shortage of these antioxidants. Potassium, folate and other antioxidants are strongly associated with neurological benefits. Who consume spinach regularly, can fill up the shortage of these components in the body as well as make his neurological support.
- Controlling Blood Pressure: When we fail to recover our nutrition demand in the body we suffer from various problems. Among the blood pressure is one of them. Blood pressure ups and downs because of the shortage of minerals. Spinach can provide us with those essential minerals. As a result, we can keep well.
- Eyesight: Eyesight is one of the most valuable sides in human life. If the eye is lost everything is lost. So, we should try to keep our eyesight clear. For this purpose, we need to take the right kind of foods regularly. Spinach contains a high amount of zeaxanthin and lutein which are very much needed to keep eyesight well. These work to prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Healthy Skin and Hair: Vitamin A and C are directly responsible for our skin and hair health. Both these can get in spinach. If we eat regularly we can make protection against these problems. Spinach can produce a kind of oil which is very essential to our skin pores and hair follicles to moisturize the skin and hair.
- Strengthens Your Bones: To keep our body strong we need vitamin K minerals in our body. Spinach is a good source of this vitamin. It produces Osteocalc (a kind of protein) which is responsible for stabilizing calcium in the bones. We can get it taking spinach regularly as our diet.
Keeping well is very much needed for us. If body and mind keep well then we regard us a happy man. For this we need to follow some rules. Food habit is the most important thing of them. Spinach is a great source of different minerals and vitamins. We can stock in our body consuming regularly and at the same time we can fill up the demand of them in our body.